Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blog 8

Richard Miller- This is How We Dream

At the beginning he says that we are in the greatest change in human communication, we can communicate instantly and globally. I believe that I am prepared to write with multimedia and I think i will be able to teach my students to do so. I use technology more than I use books. I want my students to use pen, pencil, and paper because I don't want that o go anywhere.

We need to be able to send our students to the library and look something up in a book and not just look it up in "Google". I love searching different things in the Internet because you get a visual picture of what is being talked about of being searched. I think that using books to look up is much more accurate what you are looking for. He does have an interesting point by saying that we can see change as it happens.

In the second video, he talks about the energy that goes into video's. He says that us as educators must be in the business of sharing ideas, freely. I agree with him about that. We need to be willing to give our ideas to other educators, but they should be willing to revise it.

EDM for Dummies and The Chipper Series

Loved this one!! I felt the same way when the class began. I was so overwhelmed by all the work we had to do but after actually doing all of it I have really enjoyed the stuff we have done! I watched the video at the beginning of class and remembered it but I watched it again because I enjoyed it that much! The both pretty much point out that it's up to you how well you do in the class. I would put important tolls and information about the class if I had to produce a video for this situation.

Smartboards

The Smartboard isn't that bad! I have enjoyed seeing the be used in classrooms. However, I think that if a school need work done to the school to make the school a better learning environment, that should be done before a Smartboard is purchased. I was observing in a school that was about 60 degrees in the classroom but I had a Smartboard hanging over my head. I just think that the money that went to the Smartboard would have fixed the heat in that classroom which would have made the students learning better rather than the smart board that is probably used 10 times a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment