Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?
I think that if you are motivated to do anything, that helps you in a lot of the things you do. I still think they need to be taught.

2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?
Yes; I still think they need someone there to encourage them though.

3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself?
I think to learn, you have to be willing to do it. You can't just sit someone down and they automatically learn, they have to want to.

4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process?
GOOGLE! I Google everything, if someone is teaching them self they can look up a "how to" on something.

5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn?
If people aren't motivated to learn they won't want to learn and will probably ignore what is being taught. This question was a little difficult to understand.

6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process?
If a question or problem occur, try to help by answering and encouraging.

7. How do you motivate someone to learn?
Make what is being taught interesting.

8. How are you motivated to learn?
I motivate myself, I tell myself that I can always do better and I tell myself that I can figure something out.

9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn learn?
You will learn over time whether you want to or not. Whether is be in the classroom or in the community.

10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why?
I definitely go home and review some stuff. I have one class this semester that I have to go home and review everything the teacher says and go over stuff in the book because she didn't do it very well.

11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning?
Teachers learn from other teachers and from students. Students ask questions that encourage us to think and if we don't know the answer, a teacher will find an answer to their question.

12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video?
Everyone needs a teacher at some point in their life, no matter where they are.

13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers?
I don't really have any questions..

1 comment:

  1. Caryn,
    I think you made some very valid points in your response to additional assignment #2. To start, I think being motivated to learn will put a student one step ahead but that does not rule them out from needing to being taught to. Students need teachers and influential people in their lives in order to be successful in their own education. I also like how you responded to question number nine, "you will learn over time whether you want to or not. Whether it be in the classroom or in the community." As teachers we will all have students will little to no motivation and it is up to us to figure out what their interests are and what will get them motivated to do better. Great post and keep up the good work!
    Ellie Irish-Jones

    ReplyDelete