Saturday, October 30, 2010

Additional Assignment #3

What do you think is the most important thing Sir Ken Robinson says in this presentation?

He talks about ADHD and how he wasn't qualified to say if there is such thing as ADHD or not. I agree, we don't have the right to tell a parent that their child has the problem or not because we don't even know if it is a real thing. He is right, it is still under debate. "These kids are being medicated as routinely as we had our tonsils taken out."


Is there anything you disagree with in this presentation?

I disagree by him saying that children don't need to start school and only have their age in common. All students need to be the same age, in the same grade, unless they need to stay back because they have been unsuccessful in learning.


How congruent are Sir Ken Robinson's positions with those which you are being taught in the College of Education. In other words, where is there agreement? Where is there disagreement?

All classes are different. There would be plenty of arguments in some of my classes between Sir Ken Robinson's video. We talk about all the ways to be diverse and how we will deal with all different types of diversity in one class and how to modify (change) what we do if a student has a "disability."


What can you do to address the issues Sir Robinson raises?

I could do more research to see if what all he has to say has fact and if not I could inform others and change it.


What do you think of the presentation? If you had to do a presentation with others like this, what role on your team would you like most to play?

I think the drawings were awesome, I'm jealous! So, obviously, I would not be the artist. I would probably be the narrator. I could read the story-line (written by someone else) with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment