Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blog 6

1. The Networked Student

I think this networked student and I am doing the same type of thing right now. I can and have done some of the same things he has done. It is amazing that we can see a professors lessons from all over the world and from the finest universities in the world.

Teachers are needed, like it was mentioned, they are the one's who inform us of all the things we can do with the things we learn and they are the one's who present us with all the knowledge we need to use such things, as technology. I think we need a teacher around so we have someone to talk to and someone who we can ask our questions to.

I enjoyed this video, it made me realize some of the things I could be doing in my classroom when I start teaching. I just have to push them to use technology and teach them the importance of it and all the ways it may be used.

2. A 7th Graders PLN

I am amazed by this 7th graders PLN. She has it so much more advanced than I did when I was her age. She has learned things in her 7 or 8 years of school than I learned in my 13 years. I knew how to use the "basics" before this class but she has so much knowledge for a kid. Good for her!!

3. The Machine is Changing Us

This was a very entertaining video. When I saw 33 minutes, I thought I would be bored right away after 5 minutes but I really enjoy watching him and the video. I don't use a lot of current technology, like Skype or YouTube, I just got an iPhone and I feel behind. I will need to be involved in most of the current websites and technology because I will have students in that generation and I will need to know what they are interested in.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caryn!

    I think look blog looks great! I was also amazed at the 7th grader's PLN. It's amazing how much technology young children use these days. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several students rebelled at 33 minutes. And this week's assignment was an hour. I am eager to see how many survived an assignment that took that long!

    EDM310 is a connected class! I am glad you recognized it. We stay in touch face to face in the lab, but less than half the of the students come at all. We stay in touch by comments like this. I hope they are read. We stay in touch through the class blog. I am certain that less than half of the students read it every day. We used to stay in touch through classes. Many never heard what we had to say because they were either texting or doing their Facebook. So why are teachers needed? After you do Additional Assignment #1 you may wonder about that yourself!

    ReplyDelete