Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blog 5

1. The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

I found this video pretty interesting and I enjoyed watching it. I thought it was cool how I could hear the students and teachers and showed the classroom. Podcasts are probably really enjoyable for the students because they get to use such up-to-date technology and show what they have used it for.

I think the video was very useful and full of information. Students may be more willing to do homework or classwork, if they have something like podcasts to use. They used a sick child to show one of the benefits of podcasting, which is such a good idea and a goo way for a student to not miss school work if they are out school. It may make a student think they could miss school just because they have a podcast to watch to stay caught up on what is going on with class. The discussion that goes on in the classroom is really important to the learning process, because we learn from our classmates and what they have to say.


2. 100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better

I think using iPod's are a very good way to learn and study better because there are so many different things you can do with iPod's. There are so many applications you can download to help you study and get more involved. The 100 things that were listed are really interesting. I have used some and there are some I have never heard of. I actually "clicked" on some to see what they were all about.

3. Eagles’ Nest Radio & Class Blog
What neat blogs! The kids are so excited to be learning about the different things and made a video about it. They seemed to really enjoy interviewing Mr. Ward about the sharks. I really wish that when I was in elementary school we could have dome some of the things that students now have the ability to do.

2 comments:

  1. Useful? Why? In what situations? I'm glad you clicked on some. You should expand your curiosity about what you encounter in this class. There is much to experiment with, learn and report about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your post. I enjoyed the pocasts, too. We tried to use some of the things we learned to make our group podcast more interesting and enjoyable.

    I also think that most students would enjoy doing podcasts. Especially the ones where you can see the other students and the classroom as well.

    ReplyDelete