Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blog 11

First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class
Little Kids... Big Potentials


I loved watching this video. I think he use of technology is smart and it teaches the children how to use the computer and one of the students said that the more they write blogs, the better their spelling gets and if the child is learning and having fun, it's that much better.

Blogs and videos would be what I would use in my classroom. Students learn from seeing something over and over again. Also, I think students learn better by seeing classsmates to something or talk about something. A teach may come across students not completing their blogs or not participating in an activity or video. If students are making a video as a group, it teaches them to work together and plan out what is going to be done.


1 comment:

  1. Caryn,

    I absolutely agree that using technology helps students in many different ways. You said that you would use blogs and videos in your class, and I agree with why you would. Many students do learn better when they are able to visually see something and watch it time and time again. The use of blogs is extremely helpful with students of all ages. Blogs do help people improve their writing skills because it forces them to be more careful. Everyone can view the student's work, so I would hope the student cares more about how he or she has written an assignment. I also think it is great that the students can receive feedback from people all over the world. Students love getting feedback, and they can take pride in their accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete