Thursday, December 2, 2010

C4K 8-11 summary

C4K 8
Halloween Fun Friday!
I was assigned to read this post and it was about Halloween and SAY NO TO DRUGS WEEK!

I commented the following:
“I’m Caryn and I am in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama and I was assigned to read this post. I loved all the different pictures on this blog to show all the Halloween spirit and the “SAYING NO TO DRUGS items. I loved how the pictures show all the different characteristics. What a fun day y’all must have had! Nice blog!
-Caryn”

C4K 9

Melville Intermediate - Tutoring with Burham School
I read a post about how one school tutored with another school using the technology in their classroom; I thought this was a really cool post because you get to see what all technology has to offer.
“I think it is so neat when places so far away can do things together because of technology. We learn from others so it is important to have other feedback and to be able to talk to them. I'm Caryn and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I was assigned to read this post but it was really cool, so I read so of the others also.
-Caryn”

They commented me back by writing,
“Caryn
Thank you for leaving a comment on our students class page in New Zealand. Yes learning online is very important for students. Our New Zealand students geographically are on the other side of the world, nearly at the bottom of the Southern Hemisphere, so for our students to be global citizens is a hugely important task. Having interaction and visits from people such as yourself is hugely empowering for the students as it means they recognize that they have a global audience for their work. American culture has a huge influence on our students through media so the country and visitors from the country have a huge impact on our students. Thanks for your comment, you are very lucky to be studying EDM310 a wonderful project!
Myles Webb, Classroom Teacher
Room 8, Melville Intermediate School,
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand”

C4K 10

This blog was a picture that the student had drawn on the computer about the things they would have liked to invent; I think they did a great job. Under the picture read this, “My inventions are grate for dooing things. I have made an anbrela and a iphone carier . Do you want a invention?”

I replied to the picture, as follows:
“Hi, my name is Caryn. I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I was assigned to check out your blog! I love the picture you drew for your blog with the inventions! I love in iPhone carrier and umbrella. Your blog is really neat! Keep up the good work.
-Caryn”

C4K 11

I was assigned to read the following blog, written by a student in the 5th grade:
HEY, WE HAD A GUEST SPEAKER ON NOV 4, 2010. He was an author. He had cool books and he taught us how to be storytellers. He was fun and funny. During one part of his presentation, he put has pajamas on backwards. He pretended to get in his bed and fall asleep. We made him wake up by acting like monsters. He ran to his mom. It was fun to make a story with him. We could also buy his books.

"Hi, my name is Caryn and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class and I was assigned to read your blog. You sound like you had a wonderful time listening to the guest speaker. I have heard a few authors speak and I think they do really good jobs. I hope y’all get more guest speakers. Did you buy any of his books?
I really enjoyed this post, nice job!
-Caryn"

No comments:

Post a Comment